Sunday, September 29, 2013

Action Research Plan Update!


I had to recently switch my action research plan. I was originally doing a plan based off a computer program being used at the elementary school I was teaching at. This summer I learned I would be moving up to teach 7th grade TX History, which meant I would have to change my actions research plan. I have met with my site supervisor  almost weekly trying to decide on a new research plan. We narrowed it down to two things: how bring involved in extracurricular school events has an effect on student’s academic success and whether the “flipped classroom” concept has a positive effect on students success. After three teachers (2, 8th grade teachers, 1 7th grade teacher) have chosen to “flip” their classroom, I became really intrigued with the idea of a flipped classroom and whether it would be beneficial or not. This has led me to my decision of making the flipped classroom my focul point of my action research plan. My goal is to gather test data from a teacher using the flipped method and one who is not and see if I can see a definitive difference between the test scores. I also want to survey students to see what their opinion is of having the flipped classroom versus not having it.
            I had worked a lot of hours gathers data for my original action research plan. After having to change it, so far I have met with my firld supervisor and other importat leaders in  my school about my plan. I have put in a combined total of 10 hours, just talking about my ideas and brainstorming the best ways to collect the data.

No comments:

Post a Comment